SFO


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Made it!Made it!Made it!

Cheers from the top of the Mark
Arrived into SF noonish, hit the BART and was in town by 12:30! YAY! Now I can say out load what I've always thought...San Francisco IS one of the greatest cities in the world. Love it! Rode the cable car...went to the Top of the Mark...ahhhh...wonderful...next stop...home.

In Conclusion...
As this trip is winding down... thought this would be a good time to reflect. Also note some facts that all may not be aware of including me till I thought it over!...

Gone for only 2 months I had:
1 - 'round-the-world' ticket which I acquired from Aeroplan points (that's right...I didn't pay for it!).

This took me:
on 21 Flights
to 13 countries
on 6 continents
in 2 hemispheres

which means I am now almost completely convinced that the earth is in fact round.

Traveling solo most of the way (until the last 2 weeks when W met me...yay again!) carrying one very old and well worn CARRY ON ONLY (YES...round the world with carry on only yay again) bag (Sondra...it's the same one you and me bought back in 1990 to go to Britain!) and a recovering broken right wrist (ouch). These (plus the fact I'm female...damn) all contributed to my unique voyage.

Lots and lots of modes of transportation. Includes the usual planes, trains, automobiles, boats & lots of walking. But also less usual funicular, agra, trolley, donkey...and lets not forget...AMBULANCE!

It all amounts to one thing...one WICKED looking passport!
CHEERS!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 991.4kb