San fran, part deux


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Feeling the need to hang out with the hippies and pot smokers, headed off to Haight n Ashbury to get my groove on.
There was no much to see in the area, as it is mainly shops. Though there were some cool little boutique stores among a few hippie shops spread out down the street.
The clock next to the famous Haight, Ashbury street signs is permantly stuck on 4.20, which stopped at some time during the 60's or 70's. 4.20 has now become the international time to smoke pot, on april 20th.. which is now international pot smoking day.
After wandering the streets with the hippies, i then went and hung out with the gay folk in the castro area, tho was scared off by a random guy casually sitting with his mates having a drink on the corner of the busiest streets.... naked.
If i wasnt sick of walking by now, Lombard street definitely made me sick of walking. After walking up on side of the street (the longest and steepest side), i marveled at what was on the other side... the worlds most crookedest street.. yes it was very crooked.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Haight n AshburyHaight n Ashbury
Haight n Ashbury

the clock stopped at 4.20
P1050413P1050413
P1050413

naked guy at the castro
Lombard streetLombard street
Lombard street

The worlds most crookedest street


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb