The Journey begins in San Fran Baby


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The HiltonThe HiltonThe Hilton

Livin in the lap of luxury
So after a long 10 hour flight we eventually arrived at our first destination, San Fransisco "the Golden State". Caught a cab & 15 minutes later were at our hostel in down town San fran, not a bad little place, lacking a little atmospher, but clean & that'll do.
So day one we walked in to Union Square where all the major department stores are such as Macey's & Tiffanys, where we jumped on to a cable car and headed off at super speed (9 mph) up to fishermans warf. Just think of Blackpool and you will get the picture, except you can see the Golden gate bridge & Alcatraz rather than the odd oil rig............really cool!
After walking around Pier 39 and watching the sea lions wrestle for space on the pier, we took what we thought would be the short walk to the bridge. 7 miles & two hours later we made it, and what an amazing site it was, took our breath away, needless to say we got the bus back!
After being windswept and cold, we thought we would warm our cockles with a couple of irish coffee's in the famous Buena Vista bar, the place which has supposed to have invented them.
The next day, we took a walk around the city taking in the financial district (dead grown up), and the fashion district, good job we left the credit card at home. Then we sat on top of Macey's looking out over Union Square eating cheese cake & drinking coffee, very swarve.
After this we took a cable car to Lombard Street, known as the most crooked street in the US then headed back to the Warf for some Clam Chowder (thanks saz & jon), then the trip to "The Rock". This is just one amazing place, dead erie but really interesting, just imagine being in a 8ft by 8ft cell 24hrs a day!
Finally today we took a bus to a place called "Haight Ashbury", this is the boheim side of town, where all the hippies live. All the time people are asking for change & the best line we heard was "Can you spare some change for weed, so I can get all lazy & wont need to kill anyone today", made us laff!!
We also wandered through Golden Gate park, watched a local baseball match, a bit like a pub side, not very good but giving it their all.......A bit like Karls Sunday league (sorry mate).
It's been an action packed few day's of which this is just a snap shot of what we have seen, and where now ready to hit New Zealand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th May 2007

wow
THis blog is ab fab guys you certainly have entered into the spirit - keep the info flowing!! Love Mum and Dad
6th May 2007

I'm so jealous!
Hi Guys, I am sooooo jealous, it looks amazing. Glad you got there ok and sounds like your having a fab time. I want that cheesecake! Looking forward to the next blog. Take Care Lisa
6th May 2007

Wow
cant beleive how much you guys have done in a couple of days, brilliant, so proud of you both on your mad adventure, your blog is hilarious, great comedy writing! Love you both!
6th May 2007

Commentary
Hi guys, thought your commentary of visit to San Fran was great but the pictures are even better - so good to see your smiley faces having fun. I especially liked that new hostel you are staying in, the cells err rooms sound very cozy! Looking forward to the pics from NZ Take good care A.A.
7th May 2007

hello
looks totally boring bet you wish you were still at work. should have left brian in that cell did it bring back memorys kid. hope you both have a great time in nz thanks for phone call on sat great to hear your voices made morgans day xxxxxxxxxxx (.)(.)
7th May 2007

hey guy's
hey you two... only one thing to say SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! ;-) xxxx
7th May 2007

Less Stressed!
Hey! Lynds you look so less stressed than when I last saw you babe! You both look like you're having a great time, enjoy! Don't know what you mean about your hostel, the room looks better than the one Gayle and I stayed in when we were up for your party in Southport! Only joking! Keep the comments coming, look forward to seeing what NZ has to offer, xxxElaine(and the rest of Kellogg's!)
7th May 2007

hi cuz and mrs cuz!
Hey you guys! Glad to be readin' all about it. Glad they let you out of Alcatraz, was a bit worried back there! Hope you've said hello to Auckland for us, ahhhhh, wish we were there! Loving reading all about your adventure, keep the words coming.... Love, Jay and Ness xxx
10th May 2007

Wish we were there.
Hi Brian and Lynds, our earlier comments have disappeared, who's got them?. It looks so fantastic were on the next plane. OK, don't panic, only joking!! Keep on having a great time but we really DO wish we were there. Keep writing and sending pics Love you both loads.
10th May 2007

love your blogg and the hilton hotel pleased you have'nt let your standards slip. take care and we look forward to more adventures
11th May 2007

Hi Brian and Lynds
Having trouble sending a blog, but keeping upto date. Will keep trying.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb