10 best tourist attractions in San Diego for you to visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
February 17th 2014
Published: February 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

If you are planning for a vacation trip but are a bit confused as to what place you should choose as your vacation destination, you should pick up San Diego without any second thoughts. It is an amazing place with an abundance of must visit tourist attractions. Usually, we plan a vacation trip so that we can take a break from the usual monotony of life and can spend a bit of quality time with our families and kids. For this purpose, we look for places where we can enjoy and have fun with our kids and at the same time, can spend quiet and relaxing time with our loved one. San Diego is a perfect place in all such respects. One can enjoy with kids as well as loved ones here as the tourist places are meant for people of every age group.

The most important factor that people look for while choosing a vacation destination is the type and number of tourist attractions that it has. San Diego can be ranked very high on this parameter as it has many places that you can explore with your family and would not get bored as every place or site is different in itself. Some of the tourist places in San Diego that makes it as one of the favorite tourist spots are:

10 Best Tourist Attractions in San Diego:



San Diego SeaWorld: This place is a perfect one for people who wish to explore and know much about the underwater life. There are many adventures that you can enjoy in San Diego SeaWorld such as the amazing Shamu show, thrilling rides like Journey to Atlantis, Shipwreck Rapids and Wild Arctic, etc.



San Diego zoo: Considered as the urban paradise for all ages, San Diego zoo is a perfect place for people who love to watch and relish the wonders of wildlife. You can spend your whole day here by visiting amazing habitats for animals such as gorillas, tigers, sun bears, flamingos, mandrills, polar bears, birds of paradise, giant tortoises, leopards and more.



Old town San Diego: Considered the "birthplace" of California, Old Town San Diego has a lively, authentic atmosphere and is a hub of 17 museums and historical sites including the Whaley House, which tops Travel Channel’s American’s Most Haunted list.



Gaslamp Quarter: It includes more than 100 of the city's finest restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and retails shops, as well as offices and residential/work lofts. It is a perfect place for people who love shopping.



Petco Park: Baseball game lovers should surely give this place a visit as visitors can enjoy a great baseball experience.



Coronado Island: Situated just across the Big Bay from downtown San Diego, Coronado is well known for two famous structures, the historic Hotel Del Coronado and the distinctive San Diego-Coronado Bridge.



USS Midway: your trip would become a memorable one if you visit USS Midway. It is the longest-serving U.S. Navy aircraft carrier of the 20th century.



Dining Old Town: Old town is well known for providing some of the world’s best cuisine. People who are fond of Mexican cuisine should visit this place for sure.



San Diego Convention Center: we all know that San Diego is known for its natural beauty. Convention center is located within walking distance to the historic Gaslamp Quarter.



Balboa Park: Considered as the best parks in the world, Balboa Park is home to 15 major museums, several performing arts venues, lovely gardens and many other cultural and recreational attractions, including the San Diego Zoo. It is a perfect place for nature lovers.



Reference Hotels near by the all these attractions: Fairfield Hotel and Inn , Courtyard by Marriott


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb