San Diego, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
June 14th 2006
Published: June 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

San Diego was BEAUTIFUL! It is absolutely amazing here. We (Adam and I) arrived around 10:15AM. We checked into our hotel, the Best Western Bayside, which was really nice. The room had a little couch, a lot of room, a mini-fridge, a microwave, balcony, etc. After we got settled, we decided to go to the beach for a little. We figured out that we had to take a ferry across the bay over to the closest beach on Coronado Island. On our way to the ferry, I saw the SAS ship docked. It was huge and really pretty. The beach at Coronado was beautiful. The Pacific Ocean wasn't as clean as I thought it would be, but the sand was clean, and it was still really pretty. We stayed at the beach for a couple hours, and then took the ferry back over to the bayside, showered, and walked to a little place called Seaport Village. It was right on the bay, and had a bunch of little shops and restaurants and stuff. We walked around for a little, and then looked for a place to eat. It took us awhile because everything is extremely expensive here (gas is $3.54/gal). We decided on Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. It was delicious. After dinner, we walked around a little because we were going to go grab a drink somewhere, but everywhere we went was either closed, not serving, or had done last call. And it was only like 11PM! Apparently, everything closes early here. So we just went back to the hotel, and watched some TV and then just went to bed early.

On Friday, we got up around 8:30AM, and tried to go to the hotel's continental breakfast, but it was no good. All you could choose from was a muffin and coffee or cereal and juice, and it wasn't even out on a table, you had to wait to be seated. So we just stopped at this little coffee/cafe shop on the way to Horton Plaza where shopped for a little bit. After that, we took the ferry over to Coronado Island again to go to the beach. It was just so beautiful there. We tried to go to the San Diego Zoo, but when we got there, they had already closed for the day. Apparently, their hours are just always different, and we didn't know that, but I did get to see the outside and it looked really cool. Since we didn't make the zoo, we decided to go jetskiing in the bay. It was really cool. We got a double one because it was a lot cheaper, but we took turns driving. And we only fell in once, haha. I was really nervous, but it was definitely fun. After that, we grabbed some pizza, went back to the hotel, and then hung out at the pool/hot tub for a little bit. It was so nice. Then, we watched a movie and went to bed. All of the sun and walking makes you soo tired!


All in all, San Diego was great. I kind of wish I had come earlier because there was a lot to do, and I didn't think it would be so beautiful, but oh well. Hope everything is well at home, I do miss everyone, and I'll update again when I can. I'm sooo nervous. I'm about to head to the airport to board the shuttles to Ensenada where the ship will leave from. Wish me luck!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb