Sea World, San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
August 10th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Put the alarm on for the first morning of the holiday. Wanted to make the most of Seaworld. Went on Journey to Atlantis which is the only big ride here - not like Florida which had quite a few rides. Went for breakfast which turned out to be ribs, corn and chips and strawberries and cream. We decided to get the all day diner pass for $29 each which by the end of the day turned out to be a fantastic bargain for all that we ate and drank. For each line up you could get a starter or dessert and a main and any soft drink. If you wanted more you just lined up again. We played the day right all day and never had to wait long in a queue. The only long line we had was for the rapid ride which was about 40 minutes. Got absolutely soaked again so good job it was a lovely hot day and we could dry off. Went to all the shows and finally got to see the Blue Horizons dolphin show which was not as good as I had built it up to be. Still good though and Nicks favourite show along with the sealion comedy show with Biff. Mine and Andy’s favourite show was Shamu rocks and Steve’s was the pet’s rule show which was pretty cool with cats, dogs, ducks and pigs doing loads of different tricks. Going to try and train Hurley when we get home! I loved watching the walruses best, they were so huge. The aquariums were great so i am glad we opted out of the aquarium at Monteray. For lunch we had chicken fajita salad and carrot cake, snack was an enormous chocolate chip cookie and for tea we went to Mamas Kitchen and had Italian, cannelloni and pizza. All the food was delicious but ate far too much ...suggested fasting tomorrow to which Steve’s response was ‘Good Luck’. They have been very concerned about their food this holiday and haven’t let us get away with missing meals. The firework show was good and finally got home about 10.30. A brilliant day. (Sorry if i keep going on about food and making you all feel hungry!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb