The trip over


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were a little too keen to sample the perks of business class travel - arriving at the airport a full hour before the check-in even opened! When we finally checked in we headed straight for the lounge, the 1st ones to arrive!

It didn't take us long to sample the sandwiches and the cheese & biscuits - and I the scotch of course! We sat and read the paper and watched the TV and, with 45 mins still to board, I ordered a beef noodle dish. Just because I could!

Finally it was boarding time, and boy did it feel good to walk down the business aisle, past the queue of cattle-class getting on the plane. The business section was only 3-4 rows deep, and I simply do not know how I will come back to earth on our next long haul flight as one of the herd. Service was great, having a fully horizontal bed was even better, and the flight was easily the best we've had. It was almost (but not quite) pleasant! And check out "District 9" if you haven't already - very different and surprisingly good!

Arriving at LAX it didn't actually take very long to get though customs at all, and after a short wait - realising we hadn't actually organised a meeting place/time with Penny - we saw, or rather heard, Kyra screaming towards us! It was great to see them all again, and very kind of Penny to drive up from San Diego to pick us up! In all, we couldn't ask for a better trip over!

2.5 hrs later we arrived at Penny's, around about the time for the girls to get ready for bed. We weren't overly hungry after dinner and 'breakfast' (a few hours earlier) on the flight; just wound down and discussed plans for the next day and got ready for bed around 9pm as I was fading fast.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb