Day 83


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last day with the car, we headed the 20 miles or so down to San Diego and Mission Beach. We were looking for a nice hostel close to the beach but couldn't find one. I managed to get some network and found one called Rogers International, on Mission Beach, strange, we couldn't see it so we called it from a payphone. Roger answered and and told us he was on the corner. We all headed down to the corner literally opposite where we had parked the Dodge. He stood on the corner in the strangest shirt with flowers and horrendous colours, reached his arm out, formed a gun with his hand and pretended to shoot at each of us, what a freak!!! we went in to his hostel and headed up the stairs. The walls were covered in DVD's and the place was letting off a horrendous odour of dead cats! He told us it was $20 each per night and the place was hole, we said we would think about it, ran out and jumped into the car and never went back!!

We headed into the city to a hostel that we had seen on the net called Lucky D's. It was in the gaslamp quarter of the city, 5 minutes walk to the centre and harbour. The hostel was nice with great facilities so we checked in and me and Jake took the car back. In the afternoon we explored the city before getting a load of beers for the hostel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb