Working on house in San Diego


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I've been really really bad about keeping up with the blog, sorry about that for all those who like to read about what's going on. I'm going to make an effort to keep up a little better, plus once I get our website up and running all blog stuff and our location will be updated there in one place regularly.

Well it's not all fun and games, sometimes there is work to do. After spending a wonderful few weeks in Annapolis (the sailing capital of the world, or at least the U.S.) we hauled the boat out in Baltimore. We did some hard labor on it for a 4 days. Dave said if he dies and goes to hell he will be sanding the bottom of his boat! It's not a fun job. We left the boat in the yard and headed to Vegas for my dad's 60th birthday party. That was a lot of fun and great to catch up with everyone.

From there we headed to San Diego, where my house is located. My tenants moved out so we took the opportunity to upgrade the house. It really needed some TLC. It went from an eyesore to the best looking house on the block in 3 weeks. See the photos attached for some before and after shots. We aren't sure exactly what to do with it now. I'm going to try and sell it but the market is pretty soft, so if that doesn't work I may rent it out again. I shipped Dave off yesterday to go back to work on the boat. There is still some things that need to be done before we can splash her. I'll stay here another week and half or so and do some open houses.

Once we are back on the newly refinished boat we will be heading north. We hope to be in NY harbor for the 4th of July. We have a charter (actually Dave's sisters family) that we are picking up in Long Island at the end of July and sailing to Providence, Rhode Island where we will drop them off and pick up another charter (actually my parents) and sail Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod area. We plan to spend the summer in the Northeast and maybe make it all the way up to Canada. Once Hurricane Season is over, Nov 1 we will head to the Caribbean. I hope some of you can make it out for a visit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

kitchen after2kitchen after2
kitchen after2

We knocked out this opening in the wall to put a granite eating bar
bathroom afterbathroom after
bathroom after

new granite floor etc...


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb