Day Two


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
March 17th 2008
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

And day two of our trip is coming to an end. We started this morning by going to a church for orientation as to what we needed to do for today, and then we were sent out. The six of us hung door knockers on 905 houses today. That's a grand total of half of all the the houses we were given three days to cover. Go ahead and admit it: we rock. Just kidding. It was really a God thing, that we had the stamina to cover all those houses, and that none of us passed out from dehydration.

Cool thing that happened: As we were finishing one neighborhood, I was having issues with my blood sugar, like it randomly just dropped. Well, Steve had some pretzels, and that helped, but it wasn't qute the thing that I needed. When we pulled into the first house in the next neighborhood, the lady happened to be coming outside, and started talking to us. Turns out she's a Christian, and offered to go see if she had soem snacks for us. Well, she did. She returned with a heaping plate full of these huge danishes. And let me tell you, one of those definitly helped me make it through to lunch. It was totally God-timing. Amazing.

Anyway, the boys are about to come over here (we hope) and we're going to play a game or something. So, more to come tomorrow.


--Holly

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb