San Diego and Tijuana


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
November 6th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in San Diego on Friday after having caught the Greyhound bus from Hollywood. Our hostel was really cool and a lot more chilled out than Hollywood. It is located in Downtown San Diego in a part of town called the gaslamp district. There are loads of bars and restaurants around which is good if you can drink. Unfortunately though James is underage and our room was at the front of the building so we got most of the noise from the pissed up Americans on Friday Night!

To be honest we haven't done or seen a great deal of San diego. We've just been chilling out and met some really sound people. Got a couple of email addresses already! Been giving some good advice about Fiji and an Australian couple have given us their lonely planet guide. Bargain.

The most eventful night here was when we took a trip with the hostel to Tijuana, Mexico! Was pretty mental. Had far too much tequilla and home made moonshine! Not really a typical Mexican city. Was more like Ibiza with a massive strip of bars, restaurants and clubs.

Apart from that little trip we've just been wandering around really. Thers a really good shopping mall close by. Went and played football yesterday and stuffed the Americans! Managed to see Borat aswell which was well funny.

Thats about it at the moment people. Off to Fiji this evening so will hopefully have some wicked photos to upload next time.

Take it easy

Chris and James


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The tequilla man!The tequilla man!
The tequilla man!

This dude comes round and sprays tequilla and corona in your mouth then shakes your head about when you've finished. All the way through he's blowing on his whistle to make sound effects.


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb