Hasta luego San Diego


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Californian CopsCalifornian CopsCalifornian Cops

Nic and a Californian cop
Well, we spent four days at the Banana Bungalow, that really isn't much more than a shack on the beach in desperate need of some renovation work as well as a few memeber of staff with a smile. The best thing about it is the location and we did get two days of decent weather. The first night there we decided to drown our sorrows at having left the USA Hostel where we had been spoilt by the staff (Jim & Chris - you are stars!), in fact we ended up calling the manager Jim'll Fix It because there is nothing in San Diego this man cannot arrange. Anyway, lucky for us a group of US Marines turned up with the entertainment...and taught us the rules of Beer Pong - basically throwing ping pong balls into cups half full of beer. If the opposition land one in your cup, you have to drink the contents...you get the idea. Well, Garry took them on and beat these guys hands down at their own game! Shame.
The marines then challenged us girls so we took them on. They beat us by one cup but they resorted to cheating towards the end rather than
Beer PongBeer PongBeer Pong

Beating the marines at their own game!
be shown up.
After a few beers, Jo managed to persaude them to 'compare tattoos' -hence the pictures.......I think they missed the irony!

A group of us caught the tram to Mexico for the day and had a walk around Tijuana, a town
dedicated to tourists crossing the border. There were sombreros, donkeys, strip clubs and tequila in abundance. I felt it would be rude to leave with at least sampling the local spirit so I forced a tequila shot down, which was followed by the guy picking me up, spinning me around and shaking my head. After that, I had to have another!

The past week has been one big party to tell the truth, but we did manage to take some time out of our busy scheule to go to a baseball match. It was the San Diego Padres Vs Atlanta. We quite enjoyed it, although it is slow but the rules were easy enough to learn. Guess we aren't the Padres lucky charm though - they lost 3-1.

We sadly had to say goodbye to Jo, Fiona and Emma as we were all heading our own seperate ways. Garry and I have just arrived
Easy targets...Easy targets...Easy targets...

Drunk marines...
in Peru and we have walked into a different world - so much music, colour and manic driving, the real adventure begins here.......







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

When the going gets tough....When the going gets tough....
When the going gets tough....

the tough turn to fancy dress!
Arriba arriba!!!Arriba arriba!!!
Arriba arriba!!!

Mexico for the day!
Baseball - The PadresBaseball - The Padres
Baseball - The Padres

Go Padres, go!
Hot dog!Hot dog!
Hot dog!

Well, we were at a baseball match....
Tequila!Tequila!
Tequila!

Tequila shots, mexican-stylee


2nd June 2006

Shit time then?
When are you going to blog about enjoying yourselves? Bet you'd rather be at work!!
9th June 2006

im loving the up dates, your having a great time getting smashed, by the sounds of things! get on the pisco sours- they are lethal! hope your doing the inca trail... and if you are making your way to Arequippa, a must see is the museum of Juanita! Im off to Malaysia in sept, let us know if your around there! Enjoy!!!!
10th June 2006

how you liking the funny looking peruvians? where abouts are you? go to the cross keys if you are in cusco, good ole english pub! how are you finding the altitude?

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb