San Diego to Palm Springs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Pacific Beach
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The hotel was kind of run down but we enjoyed the beach atmosphere and everyone had a good sleep. Next day, we watched the surfers, toured San Diego Old Town, the Hotel Del Coronado and the Zoo. The next day, it was a trip to La Jolla where we were attacked by seagulls when we tried to eat lunch on the beach then Doug found a plastic surfing wave at an amusement park and spent most of the afternoon knocking himself out doing that. Neck and foot injuries were the result. That night we went to Little Italy and had dinner in a wine bar. We looked for some fun in the entertainment district, "the Gaslamp District", but the parking was impossible so we went back to our hotel. The kids found a good club in Mission Beach and enjoyed some late night fun.

The next morning, the surfers were out in force as the storm winds died down and the surf was very good. We walked along the beach then packed up for Palm Springs. On the way, we stopped at Julian for a piece of apple pie. It was packed with people from San Diego up in the hills for a little sliding on the snow. Then we stopped at the headquarters of the Anza-Borrego Park where the geologist told us where the best places were. We drove to Font Wash along a trail of soft sand. A couple of cars were stuck but we kept our speed up and made it to the look-out, see pictures. Then on to Palm Wash which was a canyon with lots of interesting rocks. After stopping at the Salton Sea, we continued to Palm Springs where we met Lynne and Mike and family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb