San Diego


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left San Francisco on the 8th of July and after 11 hours of traveling by night ( 2 buses and 1 train) we finally arrived in San Diego! I instantly liked this place, more spacious, a lot cleaner and no hills!!!! Arrived at the hostel around 6 in the morning, body clock was so messed up but we found a mall right beside the hostel so nothing a bit of shopping therapy didn't sort out!

We are in a dorm where there are so many different people coming and going its great and they all have their own stories to tell so we got a lot of advice for the rest of our trip! Its strange meeting so many people who are doing exactly what we are doing, some older some younger, but everyone has the same attitude; see as much of the world as you can!

Went to the cinema to see Kung Fu Panda, good film but my main reason for going was to check out the butter popcorn situation, you will be glad to know it didn't let me down! Self service butter all the way, lovin it! There is loads of Irish bars here too, and of course I had to sample a few! Went to a Karaoke bar one night and George got up and sang she was fab!

The shopping is also amazing here! I'm tempted to buy loads and post it all home, have already bought a few new tops & a bikini so I have to cut down so everything will fit in the rucksac!

We took a guided tour today that visited all of San Diego, La Jolla and Coronado! Beautiful places, we even saw Sly Stallone's old house quite impressive! The tour then took us on a harbor cruise where a big swarm of bee's came right at us scary stuff! The rest of the tour was pretty uneventful except looking out at all the rich people on their lovely big yachts!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

StatueStatue
Statue

Navy Statue
RoomiesRoomies
Roomies

Roomies
Our RoomOur Room
Our Room

Our Room!


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb