Villa Montes Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Bruno
October 13th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Villa Montes Hotel by way of a ‘VIP Taxi’ which resembled a cross between a tuk-tuk and a smart car driven by a cross between Joan Jett and Barbara Striesand and was a man. We gave him/her $2 for his/her trouble which he/she immediately went out and bought pink hair dye we presume as on our return trip he/she had dressed up especially.

The Hotel itself was very nice, very 1990’s castle-like. We had the prestigious rotunda room with the cathedral ceiling and a giant bed with an enormous headboard. Free Wi-Fi was a bonus as was the complimentary breakfast which was typically American in size, ie: for obese people and/or those hoping to be.

The highlight of the breakfast was the waffle making machine which although required some effort to learn how to use, ultimately returned me the 35000 calorie count I was after.

Villa Montes is in San Bruno, site of the recent gas leak explosions which destroyed a neighbourhood of homes. Unfortunately it is also a fairly depressing area and is generally pretty run down.

I did venture out to the local mall which was once the site of the Tanforan racecourse where a boy turned into a horse which turned into a biscuit, also known as SeaBiscuit. I have taken the obligatory photo for you all to see.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb