The Golden Gate Bridge and Redwoods


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Mum!

This was really the final day in terms of sight-seeing, and it was a good day. The Golden Gate Bridge is just as impressive as you imagine it to be, although my pictures don’t do it justice. From what we saw of it, San Francisco itself is a pretty city, quite a dramatic and welcome change from what we saw of Los Angeles.

We continued along the scenic coast route, dodging strong gusts of wind, until the road took us inland a few miles and through belts of redwood trees. This was a great drive for me, being a tree fan, and it smelt like we were driving through a Christmas tree forest (a double winner!) We took a short detour to drive through the Chandelier tree (one of several of “THE world famous drive thru trees” that we saw on route), and stayed in a small place called Trinidad. We fancied a night in a wooden lodge in a redwood forest, but had come through the forest area too early in the day to stop. By the time we got to Trinidad it was cold and late, and although Trinidad is on the coast, a short way inland we found a motel with a bar, restaurant and cabins in its own redwood grove - so we got our wish!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb