A Surprise Father's Day Weekend


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are off to Petaluma to spend the weekend with our youngest son and family. This is a different weekend though because it is a surprise weekend for our son.

Jen asked if we’d come up and do a surprise Father’s Day celebration and we thought it would be fun. Jen is the planner in the family so we left the planning up to her. She said that we’ll be doing a wine party and arranged a sitter for our granddaughter. Then we will go to brunch on Sunday at a place they’ve wanted to take us. I wrote in Clayton on the calendar on the weekend of Father’s Day.

Justin was asking what we’d be doing for Father’s Day and I told him about the surprise weekend for his younger brother. Then Justin mentioned that he’d be alone since his kids would be going to their mom’s the week before. I said I’d ask Jen.

I asked Jen about the possibility of Justin joining us and she replied with a question, “aren’t you coming next weekend?” Well we were planning to come in 2 weeks, what’s up with next weekend. She laughed, she has a horse show on Father’s Day itself and they will be gone. She had meant the weekend before. Glad we cleared that up otherwise we’d be at home weeding when we were to be driving.

So we are driving to Petaluma, a 5 hour drive. And by the way, the Coalinga/Avenal rest area has reopened and it is really nice. Everything is automated and clean.

We will play at the park with Zo, go to Starbucks then figure out how we are going to surprise Clayton when he gets home from work. Hopefully we can snap a photo of his face!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.472s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb