Drive to Pacific Grove then onto Mendocino


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.6193, -121.919

Got up and had the usual breakfast and broke camp and got things loaded up to head to Mendocino.

We had talked to Jerry and Nadxli and they were going to meet us in Mendocino that evening.

Before we broke camp we drove down to the Pacific Grove waterfront past Lovers Point around to where the wild waves were crashing.

Pacific Grove borders Monterey and Carmel on the Monterey Peninsula, and the coastline is some of the most beautiful. We enjoyed the dramitic scenery from the car --it was all very windy and cool.

We then drove through the historic downtown of Pacific Grove and though we longed to stop at The Red House for a meal we had to keep moving.

Robert photographed the famous faierie statues in from of the Pacific Grove Post Office then we motored on. back to Veterans Memorial Park and got things loaded up.

Stopped at Troias Market in downtown Monterey and got a few supplies. This is one of those small shops you are surprised to see what a variety of products they have for sale.

Hopped on the 101 and headed back to the crowded SF Bay area. Took a break in Frontera for groceries and gas, then back on the freeway toward Mendocino.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb