Napa to Ventura


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa
September 19th 2015
Published: September 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Creepy ElvisCreepy ElvisCreepy Elvis

At the Wine Valley Lodge "Elvis Suite"
Yesterday (Friday, 18th) - Disaster Strikes! A stupid landscaping truck bounced a rock off of his load and cracked our windshield, but it's in a spot that won't bother our trip. It did bother our spirits for a bit, then we exited off in Cloverdale and found this great BBQ place that made everything better -- it's called the Hamburger Ranch and BBQ (go for the ribs and slaw). Lots of hills and curvy roads for us to show off our car (Zoom Zom) and currently Bob is undefeated in his constant race to go nowhere fast. We checked into the Wine Valley Lodge, famous for having an "Elvis" room and because we got in late and we charmed them, they upgraded us to the Elvis "suite". It was quite roomy, decorated in gold and red, so maybe nothing has changed since he stayed here in 1961 when the cast of "Wild in the Country" stayed here with him for the duration of the filming. See the photo, we called it the "creepy" Elvis, because of his picture. Most of you know my family's relationship with the King.

Current miles - 4663

Day 16 (we think, we keep arguing about that one)

99.35 hours on the road

Average 27.4 MPG

Average Speed 47 MPH**California traffic jams are kicking us

Still having fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb