We're here...but the bag isn't!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa Valley
September 5th 2011
Published: September 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in California! After a very smooth journey, we got to San Francisco airport, right on time. We waited for our bags, got mine and then waited for Simon's. And waited, and waited. And then realised it wasn't going to appear. As it's a rucksack we thought it might have got diverted to the odd size baggage area so spoke to the Untited Baggage desk who informed us it would be arriving at 7.51pm. We arrived at 3.06pm. They reassured us it could be sent on to Napa - tomorrow - so we just had to go without it and hope it would follow. We couldn't wait 4 hours. Due to the jet lag we were already tired and hungry. Thankfully there were no problems with getting the car. We'd booked a "Dodge Charger or similar" but as expected, no Dodge Charger which is what we really wanted. However, they offered us a Mustang Convertible which Simon snapped up and it is pretty cool. We drove out of San Fran with the top down and radio blasting. I am glad I had my hair cut otherwise it would have been a bush! Amazingly, Sat Nav lead us straight to Napa without a hiccup. Simon loves the car so that cheered him up and distracted him from the impending lack of clean clothes. All I had in my case was his washbag, a fleece and a pair of boots. The washbag was handy at least. Unfortunately Simon packed all his contact lenses AND his glasses in his bag! He has one pair on him for tomorrow and then he'll be semi-blind. We did bring travel wash but that was in his bag. We go on our wine tour tomorrow at 10am and the bag should be here by 1pm so he will have to make do and hope! I feel bad for him but must admit I am so thankful it wasn't my bag! Simon is lower maintenance than me!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb