The trip to nowhere


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa Valley
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Some events are special, maybe even more special than reality dictates. This trip to Sonoma county was really special! With the thought of leaving the East coast (after living here our entire lives) and moving to be close to our three children and grandchild, we planned this tour of Sonoma. Just as important, we were going to celebrate my "big" birthday. We this in mind, and with a great big helping hand from my son and daughter-iin-law, we rented a Villa for thirteen people and reserved a restaurant room for the entire crowd, family and friends.
Then came the only ice storm of the winter. Yes, I speak of that awful Valentine's day of interminable delays at the Jetblue counter. The greatest frustration was hearing, for about 10 hours, that our flight would be taking off! Forget it. When our flight was finally cancelled, we went to retrieve our car, finding the tires 6 inches deep into the frozen ice. So, there we were, chopping away at the ice at 10 o'clock at night.
We made it home OK and quickly made an American Airlines flight for the next mornikg. Some joke! Of course that flight was also cancellled and we never did make it out of New York. It was a great consolation that the remaining 13 people of the party all stayed in the Villa, had the birthday celebration at the restaurant (minus the birthday boy) and generally had a good time, always thinking how much nicer it would have been with us there.
Not to be discouraged, we have already made plans to go to California in March. Showing an exraordinary level of courage, our reservation are again with Jetblue! Well, we never had a problem with them before, and I am not planning on any problem in March!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb