Hike around Berkeley and lunch at Claremont Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
April 16th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.6002, -121.895

Decided to go on hike with Kjersten and she thought it would be nice to walk through the neighborhoods in Berkeley and then up into the park that is above the Claremont Hotel. It always interesting to me to look at the various types of architecture as we walk along to say nothing of the lovely flowers planted here and there in the different yards.
As we were walking, we were steadily climbing higher and higher and then were at the park entrance. Walked up for a while and then were rewarded with a stunning view back out toward San Francisco. It was a very clear day and so you could see forever.
Walked back down and decided to have lunch at the Claremont Hotel. It is one of those grand old hotels from the turn of the century. Think it was built around the 1920's. Tried to eat in the clubhouse but for members and guests only, so ended up in the Meritage Room where fine dining can be had but we did not go whole hog but did enjoy our meal and the view as we ate.
Back down to the Outlet where we rested for awhile and did some packing up to head out in the morning for Mendocino. Had dinner with Paul at a Vietnamese Restaurant, the Mint Leaf, in the neighborhood.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Hiking around hills of BerkeleyHiking around hills of Berkeley
Hiking around hills of Berkeley

was in incredibly clear and beautiful day
Heading to the Claremont HotelHeading to the Claremont Hotel
Heading to the Claremont Hotel

one of the old vintage hotels set above the town of Berkeley--had a lovely lunch there
dinner with Paul at Mintdinner with Paul at Mint
dinner with Paul at Mint

we went to dinner with Paul at Mint, a Vietnamese restaurant very near the Cottage.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb