Russian Gulch and Mendocino


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mendocino
April 17th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3078, -123.798

Sunday, April 17
Up fairly early and on the road with a stop in Santa Rosa for some more supplies. Bought in solar charging system to use with charging our phones and other small devices.
Took Highway 128 out of Santa Rosa which is a very winding road. Found that the car handles the curves very well and so the drive was quite enjoyable. Got to Russian Gulch State Park and decided on Site #17. It is a nice space with room for more than tent and is on the creek with nice trees across the road.
Got the tent set up and then drove to the picnic area at the top of the hill with the great view across the headlands .
Fixed our dinner of things we had bought at the Berkeley Bowl and enjoyed the view and the wonderful sunset.
Back to the campsite for a nightcap and listen to some music and enjoy the sounds of the evening.

Monday18
A day spent dealing with some of the unforeseens: our tent zipper began coming apart after just a few nights of camping and we are heading into mosquito country. One of the rings on the Canon camera came out and needed to order a new one so got Canon order done and then worked with the Coleman warranty department about a replacement tent. We l not have our original receipt with us, of course but could find the charge on the credit card and they agreed to let us exchange our tent. The only problem, they have discontinued this particular tent and so we had to find another one of similar fashion.
Went to Moody Coffee shop and found a replacement tent and made arrangements for tent to be sent to Llano. Dinner at the headlands picnic area in Russian Gulch park and had a nice day in spite of our having to be responsible.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb