Into the desert..Mojave


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mojave
October 15th 2012
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up early and made it for breakfast! Tried out the waffle machine (Alex, not me!) then back on the road in the direction of Nevada.

Long pretty tedious drive through the California central valley, miles of flat agricultural land. Saw a sign for a flea markey in the town of Selma, decided to pull off the highway and take a look, OMG it was a immigration border control officers dream! I mean we kind of felt at home, every single person was speaking Spanish, the stalls were all selling outrageous frilly over the top clothing, favoured by the "chicas" the "hombres" selling their custom low rider cars, it was like a scene out of West Side Story! We were the only fair haired, fair skinned caucasions in the place, made a swift exit...

The temperatures started to rise as we got closer to the Mojave desert, the drive was so tedious, I was feeling pretty tired so we decided to spend the night in the town of Mojave. chose a motel rated highly on Trip Advisor...BIG mistake, really quite grotty, had a restless night waiting for some creepy crawly to feast on us, up early and got the hell out of there...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb