Los Angeles and San Pedro


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Los Angeles

6th April Los Angeles



So whilst most of the trips off the ship were into the heart of Los Angeles for sightseeing and shopping.

The tours had been warned about the extra traffic around the area because of some road motor racing taking place and lots of roads closed.

Passengers came back frustrated with the traffic jams.

Just a walk round the port area and into San Pedro.



The US Iowa is here as a museum piece and you pass her on the way to what we thought was some nice looking restaurants we passed as we sailed in.



Little did we know that when we got there, the WHOLE area is scheduled for demolition and redevelopment.



NOTHING was open, so we walked into San Pedro itself and found a quirky little cafe/deli called Sirens.

The owner explained that the name came from the Sirens from the emergency First Responders who are first on the scene during accidents and emergencies.

Her brother had been killed in one these emergencies.

A sobering tale.

The cafe was in the art area of the city but the city did not have a lot of attractions for tourists.



I'm sure that in the future the shoreline will be developed and attract more visitors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.46s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 73; dbt: 0.12s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb