Route 66 : Go to Los Angeles !


Advertisement
Published: March 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last summer, we decided to live an amazing adventure : we have been going on route 66, the legendary mother road of north américa !

It was a wonderful experience because it was a childhood's dream for both of we.

We have started our travel from illinois, the point of departure of the famous road 66 and we had planed to stop ourselves in California, to visit Los Angeles.



We leave Chicago, in illinois, in a red Cadillac Eldorado convertible, hair in the air, full of great expectations! The journey lasted two weeks, because we don't have visiting all the states, juste sleeped and ate in motels, some of them looked poor, impersonal and dull, with tasteless food and agressiv people, but other were really cosy with friendly people! We were captivated by the american spirit, it was a really crazy experience.



At the final of our journey, we were at last arrived in the states that we would discover : California, particularly in Los angeles !

We remember the shining sun, and the pleasant heat of the "city of Angels".

At this moment, we are understanding why this city represents the American dreams! It was incredible when we visited luxury districts such as Beverly hills with his beautiful and dynamics people, Bel Air, or Malibu.

Everything appeared to us irealistic, the city with shops, buildings or beaches like Venice beach. we remember that we felt like in a movies so the sets with great palm tree are famous. Suddenly, we saw nine white letters : HOLLYWOOD ! It was an very strange sensation that see it in reality and not in tv!

We were very euphoric and mesmerized by this vision!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb