Day 16: Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 15th 2012
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 16. Los Angeles.



Today I woke up early as I was meeting Robyn in the lobby to do a hop on hop off bus tour. First thing we did was go and grab a coffee. I did the unthinkable and got Starbucks, but believe it or not, it was the best coffee I’ve had here. We took the metro line to Hollywood to get onto the bus. While waiting for the bus we were able to look at some of the handprints in front of the Chinese Theatre, which was pretty cool.



We took the bus to Beverly Hills where we changed routes to go down to Santa Monica Pier. It was here that Phil joined us. He is also on our Contiki. Once we arrived at Santa Monica we wandered down the pier. Unfortunately the rides weren’t operating, so I couldn’t do them. Bummer.



We then walked down to Venice Beach, which is about a 45 min walk. It was a nice walk, but Venice Beach sure is interesting. It is blocks and blocks of market stalls, all selling the same stuff, and mostly based around drugs. There were even numerous shops where you could go to have your marijuana prescription filled. Weird.

(Cant add photos with this wifi connection, I'll add some when I can)

From there we got the bus home. There weren’t really that many interesting stops, but the bus ride was good. Once we got home and quickly had dinner, it was time for our pre Contiki meeting. It wasn’t really much, just to say hi and then go to the bar. We all hung around for a few drinks before heading back to our rooms for the long days ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb