USA


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here i am finally to update my online travel blog. I havent had that many opportunities so far to go online besides two short drop bys. I arrived on the 23th April in Phoenix/Arizona at 17:00 after a long 14.5 hour trip. Arizona, the wild wild west, home of coyotes, huuuuge cactusses, roadrunners and heat 😊
My friend picked me up and we had a look around town. Funny but somehow this time the time difference didnt effect me that much (its 7 hours earlier here)so the first day we did a lot of talking, watching TV, meeting other people so we ended up sleeping only by 1am. The following day we went out to explore phoenix downtown. Everything here is much bigger than in europe, the highways, the cars, the stores, almost everything. People are very friendly and open and the food has been surprisingly great. Maybe it is because of the fact that mt friend likes organic and healthy food so weve been eating very healthy so far.. at least most of the time ;-)
On the third day we drove down to tucson to spend time with some more people until we decided to drive over to California.
jumbosjumbosjumbos

im gonna spend 12 hours in this huge thing with so little space...
We ended up having a car crash that totally wrecked the car but thanks to jehovah none of us carried any injuries or worse. Everybody said that we were very lucky... Hadnt been the tree there wed have ended up on the opposite side of the highway... so from that day on I kind of appreciated my life much more than I ever did. Things can happen so easily and they go so quick. When i felt how my friend lost control over the car and saw this tree racing towards us all I thought was "I dont wanna die" and i thought of my family for a second and wondered how theyd take the message...
We ended up walking around the accident spot like headles chickens untill the cops showed up about 20 minutes later. An ambulance showed up and checked if we were ok After 2 hours my friends mom picked us up and we spent almost the whole dat at the car body shop trying to get a car rental and all that. From this day verything turned out bad and worse, everthing was turning against us. Ill tell you more about details in person or by
on the wayon the wayon the way

time doesnt wanna go by....
email. End of the story was that we finally left for california with a rented car and we spent a day in san diego visiting the san diego zoo (which is extremely beautiful) Right now im in los angeles at a sisters place from where im sending out this message. We went dowtown today and checked out china town. We also had the spontaneous idea of paying east LA a visit (as you hear about it on the news and in gangsta movies all the time and my friend who lives here reckons its only really dangerous after sunset) We felt like in mexico there, took some pictures and visited a purely mexican shopping centre wheer most people spoke spanish only. Tomorrow we are going to visit six flags, a theme park north of LA which is supposed to have some of the most freaky rides available in the USA. Not sure if ill take rides at all or if ill go and "just watch" ;-)

I wish i could have sent a more extended report but time is getting short so i have to stop here. will update this blog as soon as i can

love nicola


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

greenlandgreenland
greenland

finally something interesting to see :D couldnt spot any ice bears though ;)


7th May 2006

hiya
good to see your blogging continues! Looking forward to the photos, and sorry to hear about the car!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 90; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb