New place, new rules!


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Howdy all,

Well we are at last here in our final destination of our trip, the USA and after spending three and a half months travelling through South America, it is all change.....again!

After a long couple of days and a night on the Lima Airport floor, and taking off from San Salvador in a tropical monsoon like thunder and lightening storm we finally arrived in Los Angeles and headed for the hostel. We were greeted at the airport by our first crazy American who picked us up in a van blasting out old school american rock at four in the morning, and we knew then that we had truely arrived.

We spent a couple of nights at our first hostel in a more than slightly suspect area of LA, Inglewood, which in a way was some sort of a transition place as the first language was still spanish!! We met up from here with our new friends from the Inca trail who showed us around LA for the day where we visited Santa Monica and Universal Studios. Then it was back onto the busses and off to Vegas 'baby'!

Now, this was an interesting journey to say the least as we were split up on the bus and I (Ally) ended up sitting next to "the baddest gangster in Compton", a.k.a. Viscious, as he called himself! A fight almost broke out with the guy sitting behind me after they discovered that they were both from different areas of Compton and argued about (from what I could understand) who was blackest and baddest! Two hours of ranting and bigging himself up as 'the' gangster, he finally got off to go and complete his "mission" which was a relief, and on to Vegas we headed!

When we arrived we found our way to our hostel and got some rest before heading out to explore 'the strip'. And it couldnt have been a bigger contrast from a week before in Peru! The gambling, the money, the lights and the food....all huge, and like another world alltogether. Here we spent six nights and walked miles checking out all of the casinos and sights, and tried our hand at the slots but unfortunately didnt make our millions.....this time! Being in Vegas felt like being in a movie, especially while standing outside the Bellaggio with the fountains display, Oceans 11 style! On our last night we watched a guy playing blackjack for $10,000 per hand and saw him win and loose more money than we could dream of without batting an eye!

Then it was off to Phoenix to meet up with family for the the first time and the huge temperatures in the dessert. SInce we have been here we have taken a road trip to visit the amazing Grand Canyon, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon which were all incredible and different. We have taken a ton of photos so will let you take a look at the places we visited.

We have a few more days here before we fly up to Colorado for the next section of our time in America so stay tuned as we will blog again soon!

Hope all is well back home and stay in touch,

Ally and Alice xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb