All food comes in Cherry


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is quite surreal because I am sitting on the toilet in a hotel room in LA on the computer, because it is 2am local time and I am somewhat jetlagged and cannot sleep. But Lauren can, and I don't wanna wake her up.Again. Whoops too late.

We arrived this morning around 10am on what I think was one of the most uncomfortable trips of my life (the plane was pretty crowded) to the city where cab drivers will make it quite obvious they don't like you, sodastream vendors have iced tea but no fanta, and candles come in the scent "Dr. Pepper" and all food comes in the flavour cherry. It is the pollution, rather than the bright lights, that prevent you from seeing the stars. Faux movie characters line the star-studded Hollywood Blvd (although a lot of celebrities have their names down more than once which begs questions).

For a country that claimed to be one of the most economically well off public areas are very run down- dirt car parks in the city, bad roads, weeds growing on most of the fences... None of the palm tree lined streets that you see on the old square box- perhaps they are just sets at Universal Studios. I suppose we will soon find out.





Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Plane Crash setPlane Crash set
Plane Crash set

Was used in War of the worlds


4th December 2008

all food comes in cherry
glad you got there an all. did you have fun getting out of the airport? Have you learned about tipping yet?

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb