LA Fabulous


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
August 27th 2008
Published: August 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Pacific Coast HighwayPacific Coast HighwayPacific Coast Highway

Heading towards Malibu
We are writing this sitting at home in Weymouth, MA. Its been a couple days since we've been home and almost a week later from our last entry. I think we were more tired from the trip than we expected. In LA we really didn't do a whole lot of sightseeing and spent most of our time around the pool and Bar-b-q with our friends out there.

We got in late afternoon on Sunday to our friends' condo in Encino, CA and after settling in, Kara and Melissa went off to get some much-needed pedicures. (melissa said that not me. I wouldn't tell melissa that she needs a pedicure.) When they returned, everyone was down by the pool barbecuing and hanging out. It was so great to not be in a hotel anymore, and to just be able to hang out and not worry about check out times, or where we were going to eat. It was a great way to kick off our time in the L.A area. Big thanks to Carla's boyfriend, Michael, who was the grill master, and to Kara's boyfriend Bob who was the bartender. 😊 Our friend Elkin who also lives in L.A joined in for the festivities. We had a great time, and felt bad that everyone but us had to work in the a.m.

Monday was our anniversary and we spent most of the day at Zuma State Beach in Malibu. It was quiet and there were dolphins swimming close to shore for most of the day. It was pretty neat. After the beach we made a stop in Santa Monica. We saw the Pier and had lunch. We wanted to get home before we got caught in the infamous LA traffic. By the way LA drivers are crazy. They have to be the worst drivers in the country. At night we had dinner reservations for 7 at a place called Foxtails. (Overated and over priced) there were paparazzi's outside though so that was pretty neat. We didn't see any famous people but all in all it was good to spend our anniversary with friends.

Tuesday we went to Disneyland with Kara. That was fun and a good way to kill the day. At night it was back to the BBQ and pool.

on wednesday we pretty much just hung around all day packing and getting ready for out flight home that night. The highlight of the day was eating at an "in N-Out" burger. Tasted pretty much like McDonalds. I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about. For dinner, We all ate a home cooked pasta dinner. It was a good way to close out the trip.

We caught our flight home at 11:00 pm PST. And after a stop in Cleveland we finally made it home to Boston at 9:30 AM on Thursday morning. I have to say that it is good to be home. The trip was awesome but it feels good to be back home and in our own bed.

Thanks again to everyone for making us feel so welcome. And thanks to Carla, Kara, & Bob for giving up your rooms and car for us!

Special Thanks:
Mr. & Mrs Marinelli for taking care of the cats for 2 weeks. I hope they weren't too much trouble.
Mr. & Mrs. Murphy for letting us borrow the GPS. It was by far the most important tool on the Road.
Jamie's Brother Bob for the free room and Board in San Francisco
Carla for letting us stay in her condo.
Kara & Bob for letting us use their room and borrow there car.
and Finally...
Thanks to Melissa's Sister Amy for not having the baby while we were away or maybe we should be thanking Baby Jackson for not breaking out before we got back.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Melissa, Kara, BobMelissa, Kara, Bob
Melissa, Kara, Bob

From Left to Right
Bob & CarlaBob & Carla
Bob & Carla

From Right to Left
Elkin, Carla, Michael and his friendElkin, Carla, Michael and his friend
Elkin, Carla, Michael and his friend

I can't pronounce Michael's friends name never mind spell it.
Hollywood SignHollywood Sign
Hollywood Sign

This is as close as we got to the sign.
Disney Concert HallDisney Concert Hall
Disney Concert Hall

One of the coolest buildings ever


31st August 2008

no worries
being pregnant is the best.. ;)
31st August 2008

Welcome Home... well your home...
Glad to hear you had such a great trip! I love the baby jackson got a nod in your thank-you speech. Hope to see you soon!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb