Bye bye City of Angels


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy Hippies Happy Hippies Happy Hippies

Happy Hippies on a really super clear day with their new, super expensive sunglasses with super clear lenses.
We left LA for San Francisco on the 8th of April after spending a few days chilling at Venice Beach. Generally LA just seems to be really spread out and there are long distances to travel to get anywhere. There were some beautiful places and people were really friendly and curious, but it didn't feel like a proper city. It was more like a bunch of separate towns far away from each other in distance as well as vibe.

In Los Angeles everyone seemed to be exercising and showing off their toned bodies. It was quite cold at times yet people were dressing as though it was 30 degrees outside. But then again this is a phenomenon that we have seen in London as well...

One person that we would like to mention before we move on to SF is Marco the tour guide. When we went to do the Hollywood Sign Tour, which is basically a tour to see the Hollywood Sign we arrived late, so they asked this guy Marco to drive us to catch up with the rest of the group. Marco did not seem very happy about this and at first we thought he was pissed off, but we soon realised that this was just his character, generally unenthusiastic. We went in a minivan and he proceeded to give us the full tour in the most monotonous, boring voice, using a microphone as if we were a bus full of people! It was literally just the two of us and we were sitting right behind him! Monia managed to keep cool, but Kiki's reaction was to laugh. She couldn't help it. How awkward. Marco did not pay any notice, and kept doing his tour. He talked like this -the roads leading up to the sign are very narrow. The reason the roads leading up to the sign are very narrow is because the guy who made the roads purposely made them very narrow. Then he used expressions like “on a very super clear day...” at which point it was Monia who could not control herself and burst out laughing. It was a ridiculous situation! And Marco was so serious, so serious. Take a look at the video to get a feel of what Marco was like and what kind of information he was giving us.

On our flight to San Francisco we saw two Hollywood women with very stiff faces and eyes that did not seem to open fully. One of them seemed angry, but we could not be sure as her face appeared to be paralysed. After some discussion we concluded that that these were cases of extensive plastic surgery and not just a bit of botox. We were glad to get the opportunity to see, in real life, what the pressures of society can do to people.. So sad so sad...

We felt it was time to move on and leave LA behind us...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells help me get drunk!Jingle Bells Jingle Bells help me get drunk!
Jingle Bells Jingle Bells help me get drunk!

This man was on the beach everyday singing the same thing over and over and over...
CarwashCarwash
Carwash

Commercial being shot just by our hostel which appeared to involve semi naked girls washing a car


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb