THE JOURNEY ENDS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 28th 2007
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Friday (21st) Breakfast included in price and a little better standard than the Super 8. Went to find Hard Rock Cafe in LA but closed, drove to pier and walked along beach, looking at people, gifts, firemen, etc. Had light lunch and then headed to Hollywood. Found place to take photo's of sign (not very close) and then headed back to room for power nap. Out for food but not much choice so decided to head to pier for Bubba Gump. Got down the long slope only to find it closed, Wayne pushed me back up ramp and headed to posh Italian restaurant on corner. Excellent service and food good, felt rather under dressed but our money is as good as anyone's! Chris and Dean still have the shopping bug and headed to Wal-Mart!

Saturday (22nd) Packed and checked out and headed to Wal-Mart. Guys found it but it was closed! Got a few bits and found we were the only white people there. Back to Santa Monica Pier and to Bubba Gump which was open and had fantastic chocolate pud/dessert - still couldn't finish it! Headed to airport, dropping off car en route, checked in self service and got seats with a little extra room at front of cabin. Airport had very little duty free which was disappointing. Had alcoholic drink whilst waiting for the plane and using up the rest of our change. Uneventful flight and car journey home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb