Stiletto Rehearsals in LA


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dave, Reg & BarryDave, Reg & BarryDave, Reg & Barry

After Barry Manilow Concert, we got to meet him! He took a special liking to Dave...
Stiletto Rehearsals in LA
All is well here in LA. The weather here is so perfect. Warm in the sun with a cool breeze. Not too hot and not too cold- I hate extreme weather!

I have had a few chances to enjoy the outdoors, mainly on my days off and on short walks around the neighborhood in the morning or evening. On my first day off, I went to Manhattan Beach- only 5 minutes away and beautiful. Last Sunday's day off, I spent sunning myself at Venice Beach- a very eclectic place with a distinct ambience.

We have rehearsals 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, with an hour off for lunch. Week 1 was all singing- learning the music for 5 different hour long shows. Week 2 included learning the staging to show 1, a four person, tight harmony, Broadway review called "Broadway Moves to Queens." And the choreography to show 2, "They Write The Songs;" this show pays homage to various composers including Neil Diamond, Carol Bayer Sager, Neil Sadaka and Barry Manilow. (Stiletto Entertainment is also the personal management company for Manilow and so we are going to see his concert at the Las Vegas Hilton in a few weeks!)

Week 3 is choreography for the show "Jazz-a-ma-tazz." Cheesy name- yes- but the show has some fun songs. A solo for me is "All That Jazz" from the musical Chicago. I have a great time singing this song front and center! I also sing "Hit Me With a Hot Note" as well backup for numerous other favorites including, "Cabaret," "Alexander's Ragtime Band," and "When A Man Loves a Woman."

Week 4 we begin our 4th show; "Dancin' in the Streets!" And Dave will be here visiting for my last two weeks! We are planning on taking a few trips on days off- El Matador Beach and Las Vegas!

So... Dave surprised me with a trip to Vegas and a suite at The Venetian- AND tickets to see Cirque's "O" We had a beautiful breakfast and great dinner, a fantastic day off and got to stay 2 nights. It was a much needed break from rehearsals.

Week 5 was quite intense learning our FINAL show- "It Takes Two" and running all the other shows. It has been so difficult- juggling 5 shows and trying to recall 5 hours of choreography and music at the drop of a hat!

Dave being here was a great help- he brought me lunch and made dinner, did laundry, etc... We did get to do some fun things as well- Santa Monica Pier, Manhattan Beach, The Grove, Benihanna, Cheesecake Factory, Venice Beach, Marina Del Ray, Dockweiler Beach and Barry Manilow Concert!

A day off tomorrow and then I fly to Amsterdam to meet the boat on Thursday. We stay overnight on Friday in Amsterdam and get on the ship on Saturday August 11!
I'll try to put another update up soon! Till then...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb