5 Highly Effective Tips To Minimize Stress While Travelling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
August 22nd 2018
Published: August 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post





Summer can be the perfect time to unplug, recharge, and focus on being present, but the summer months can also bring changing schedules and hectic travel plans. Whether you're planning a vacation, organizing a trip for work, or spending a weekend away with relatives, the joy of getting away can get overpowered by the hassle of planning, prepping, and veering away from your regular routine.

That's why, when it comes to summer travel, we want to address the part of the process that's not always glamorous. And propose ways to avoid those stress while traveling.

Below, thence, are five (5) highly effective tips to reduce stress while traveling:

1. Plan ahead - plan well

Did you know that 70,000 American Airline customers missed their flight within the space of 5 months in a year? And that’s just one airline!

Although, there are a lot of reasons why people miss their flights, an executive for the airline told a U.S congressional subcommittee that one major reason for this, is lack of an effective planning. Either passengers arrive too late or the lines are too long. In any case, it is stressful.

Howbeit that to reduce stress while traveling, the very first and most important thing is to have an effective travel plan.

Since there are various reasons why people travel, (ceremonies, business appointments, vacation, relocation, conference, study, vacation/holidays, etc.) planning would be different. So, you should consider picking up an effective plan that would suit your travel demands.

2. Keep bags and luggage safe and smart

One of the biggest triggers of stress while traveling is scattered/unarranged luggage.

There is nothing worse than getting to the hotel reception and realizing you misplaced your wallet or credit card. How embarrassing! Or getting to your tourist center and you realize your camera has been stolen. Oh! I can cry…...

Dedicate quality time to pack and arrange your loads for a stress-free journey. So that you don’t have to worry about lost luggage or long waits at check-in and baggage claim.

3. Ship your vehicle

If you really want to have a nice travel experience while you minimize stress, it is recommended you ship your vehicle rather than drive it.

Especially if you’re going on a vacation with spouse and family, you’ll want to hit the road to have a lot of fun; like going to the cinemas, visiting a nice restaurant to enjoy dinner, visiting historical spots and nice event centers. You’ll, sure, need your car to reduce the cost of transportation.

Meanwhile, if you’ll be shipping your luxury/personal vehicle, it is recommended that you employ the service of a qualified auto transport and reliable car shipping service to get maximum value and protection of your luxury.

4. Develop an itinerary that reduces stress

Another way to reduce stress while traveling is to create an itinerary that reduces stress.

Double check the location you’re traveling to, check to know the condition of your business meeting, holiday/hotel destination to ensure that you’re employing the best transportation option. For example, if you’re going on an adventure where cycling is the deal, you’ll prefer to transport your bicycle or get a new one over there rather than ship your vehicle.

Also, if you’re traveling on a flight, and your destination city has two options, it is better to fly nonstop. This will remove the stress of making a connection and limit potential delays in your travel itinerary. If you are forced to make a stop and switch planes, don't schedule flights with tight connections. You will have to worry about making that connection the whole time.

5. Take some extra cash with you. You will, sure, need it

Yes. No doubt that carrying a lot of cash around is risky - because once you’re careless with it, you lose it or it gets stolen, and there is practically no way to get it back.

But what happens in situations where you are really in need of something in the middle of your journey, or you want to make payment for some kind of important service?

Oh! Cards you say?

Okay, what if the ATM/POS machine is not able to read your card or there is no ATM nearby?

Of course, using cards is a lot smarter, practical and secure. But try to have at least some cash on you just in case. This will help you avoid some stress and save a lot of trouble.



Thanks for reading…..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb