4 Undisputable Ways To Overcome Your Travel Fear


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post



Are you one of the people with hodophobia? How many times have you watched a movie and see some beautiful places you’ll like to visit?

How about some places you’ve read on the web but never visited.

You have the thought of traveling last year, and you are still on the same notion to date, saying, “I will make it up On my next vacation programme.

The problem is, you’re not sure whether you have a good enough boldness to travel, and it’s keeping you from taking the plunge. Fear Is what often keeps us from living our lives and achieving our dreams.

While many people claim that responsibilities are the reasons for not traveling. I think the fear of the unknown is one of the major reason why many people fear to travel. A lot of people will say, “what if something happens to me while away? What if there is a terrorist attack, planes crashing, or ship sinking. This kind of questions keeps many from traveling.

However, If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. Explore new life and culture and see the meaning of life outside your own border.

If you are the type that has fear of traveling, below are 4 undisputable ways to overcome your travel fear.

1. Create a budget:

The first thing that keeps many people from traveling is finances. Some people will say, “What if I run out of money while I'm still in the middle of my journey?” However, the fear of running out of cash is still understandable. Whereas, creating a budget can be the best solution to tackle this issues.

The first thing to do is to make a deep research about the place you want to go. How much will you be able to afford for your trip? Whether the amount with you is $3000 or $1ooo, it’s the amount with you that will determine all your movement and give you the insight to choose a perfect location that fit your schedule.

However, if you plan to travel for a long period of time, it is as good as ever to create a budget on your transportation expenses, while some people might like to visit a lot of places taking cab or other means of transport through road. You can decide to ship your car to reduce your stress and cut off your transportation expenses.

When you have the budget of where you are going, you don’t have to fear about your living expenses.

2 Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance:

Traveling to a strange place is a way to increase your experience and a means to meet several people. A lot of people are even afraid to ask questions or assistance from a stranger, whereas 80 percent of new people you meet are ready to answer a stranger and give more detailed information - if the stranger asks in a reasonable manner.

Actually, asking questions has helped me a lot, I’ve met a lot of cool people just by asking them few questions -- especially if I am in a new environment.

People are ready to help you if you ask for assistance and that is one interesting thing about traveling.

3 Take Charge Of Your Thoughts:

Negative thought is one of the factors that create fear in a lot of people and once you cant control your thought, you won't be able to handle your fear.

Thoughts are powerful energy which determines our reactions to so many things going on around our environment, it controls our actions and reactions thereby bringing about the lifestyle we live.

For example, Getting robbed, scammed is a common fear among travelers — and it's often a valid concern, depending on where you're traveling.

Some parts of the world are known for street robberies. A lot of people are afraid to travel based on all these facts. But if you think about your own country where you stay, don’t this things happen? Once you erase the negative thought and prepare yourself against negative measures, you are good to go.

No wonder why travel experts recommend shipping your vehicle beforehand when you are going for a holiday picnic in a place you have not been before. To prevent or reduce bad experience.

Take charge of your thought and use it against your fear. Erase any bad and negative thinking.

4. Read more about traveling tips:

A smart strategy to overcome your travel fear is to read more exciting things about traveling.

You can start by reading some travel blog about other people's adventure, think of the experience you’ll also like to have. You can also watch some travel channels, read travel magazines, take out some travel memoirs from the library and peruse guidebook on some of your dream destinations.

This will help you to develop more interest in traveling and before you know it you will get excited and your fear of traveling will be erased.



Happy traveling........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb