Big Stars and Jam


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
October 31st 2017
Published: October 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Big Stars and Jam



This blog covers Sunday the 29th and Monday the 30th of October.

Sunday the 29th - Hollywood



I'll tell you one thing about Hollywood, its not as exciting as its made out to be, the Hollywood sign is hard to get a decent photo of and the walk of fame it a crowded affair with people spruiking tours in your face on each corner you get to. But when in America right?

We found a spot in Beverly Hills to grab a snap of the famous Hollywood sign. The suburban roads you need to drive around to get to the spot was very tense, with tight blind bends and only around 1 lane of space to fit cars through it is raising hairs on my neck just to think about it still. But we made it through without breaking the car or ourselves and after a quick photo it was on to Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

As mentioned earlier, Hollywood was a less than enjoyable experience and nothing like I was expecting, although even with all of the people in your face, car horns blaring at intersections, and general lingering smell of unclean, it still felt safe. We walked along the Walk of Fame for a couple of hours, snapping a photo of a couple of stars on the way, I even found one with a mispronounced version of a student's name which I had to get a picture of for the continuation of an inside joke.

Lunch was at Hard Rock cafe, which was amazing, full of atmosphere and outstanding food, our server was friendly, helpful and understanding of us Australians and our complete lack of understanding on tipping so she explained the normal gratuity on our bill.

Once back home a quiet night followed with a big sleep in anticipation of Knott's Berry Farm.


Monday the 30th - Knott's Berry Farm




Knott's Berry Farm, for those of you who don't know, is actually a theme park. A theme park with some pretty amazing attractions, once through the gates we moved quickly from ride to ride, trying to fit as much into our day as possible. The whole park was decked out in Halloween gear which added an awesome spooky atmosphere to everything. It is so cool to see how much detail and effort Americans put in
"Reagan's" Star"Reagan's" Star"Reagan's" Star

Inside joke.
for Halloween, in a way it is a shame that we don't celebrate it as much in Australia, because when it is done right it looks so good.

Lunch was at the Ghost Town cafe which again was a nice meal, if the US do one thing right, it is food, and again we managed to muddle our way through the tipping process with some help from our server. Finally we wrapped up our day with a little bit of merchandise shopping before climbing back in the truck for the drive through peak hour traffic back home.



Tomorrow we will be departing early for our trip on to Las Vegas, I'm looking forward to getting out of the city for a while and seeing some country side.



Untill then,

*Ray Wave*




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



31st October 2017

Really nice to read your experience. I went to LA two years ago, and was also pretty disappointed from Hollywood. It wasn't what I expected, but either way it's something I guess you have to see once. Hope you have a lot of fun in Vegas, and that it is not as hot as it was when I went. Ready to hear more from your stories.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb