Day 8 - Even mooooore Venice Beach


Advertisement
Published: September 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This will literally be a really short one today (as opposed to us saying that yesterday and then writing quite a lot :S), as we really didn't do much today!

We got up at around 8am again, lazed around a bit before getting ready for breakfast, where we both had waffles again. We came back up to the room and put some suncream on, and headed down to the beach a bit earlier than usual, ready for a day of sunbathing! We picked a spot a bit closer to the water so we could watch the surfers again and set down our towels ready to catch some rays!

We stayed there for a few hours again, and Emma went in the ocean a couple of times (no lifeguard whistle blowing today so she stayed in a bit longer and went in a bit deeper!). However, the sun was feeling really strong today, and we felt like we were burning rather than tanning. So at around 1:30 we grabbed something to eat from Big Daddy's again (this time Emma had a taco whilst Craig had a bbq chicken pizza slice) before finding a bit of shade on the grass to sit and eat it.

We then found some more shade over by the skate park and sat and watched the skaters do their thang. There wasn't as many on there as there has been, probably because we previously watched them on a weekend/bank holiday, but there was one kid who was REALLY good, and putting the older skaters to shame!

We had planned on taking some pictures of the beach and stuff today, but when we got the camera out, we realised that we had left the battery in the room in the charger; d'oh! We watched the skaters for around an hour or so before coming back to the room for showers, as we were covered in sand from the beach. Our fears were also confirmed: we had got a bit burnt today 😞 mainly on our backs. However, we are looking slightly more tanned now!

Craig had his shower first and was ready to go out again to watch the skaters, but Emma needed to wash her hair after going in the sea, so Craig went back out on his own for an hour or so, giving Emma chance to have a shower and dry her hair. Craig took the camera with him but just took a couple of pictures of some of the graffiti walls on the beach.

Once Emma was ready and Craig was back, we went down to get some dinner, which was spaghetti again today. This time, we put a bit less sauce on and some dried chilli flakes to add a bit more of a kick, and it tasted much nicer, although Craig claimed that he had eaten a mouthful of chilli flakes and that his mouth was burning off, and he ended up not eating much of his. Instead, he munched through his box of 'Whoppers' that we had bought the other day once we got back to the room.

We stayed in tonight, as Venice Beach isn't the best place to be at night (everyone else seems to go home/elsewhere, whilst the weirdos seem to stick around) and we didn't really want to spend any money on buses to go anywhere else. We had a pretty chilled out evening, with Emma reading a book that she had borrowed from the hostel, and Craig watching 'Falling Skies' on the netbook

We have also uploaded the video of the man on Dance Dance Revolution from yesterday onto YouTube. Unfortunately, for some reason there is no sound (we think it's because we had to use Windows Movie Maker to flip it round as it was filmed sideways) but it's still pretty hilarious. Here's the link:



I'm sure tomorrow will consist of similar events, although we may lay off the sunbathing for a day or so and give our burns a chance to heal!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb