Very last day - Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Neither of us slept too much on the overnight flight down from Anchorage to Denver. The stop over then was brief maybe two hours before flying on to Los Angeles. We both tried to make up more sleep time but who knows if we did. Arrived here about 10.00 ish only to find New Zealand Airways were closed until 1:30pm - not good so we had to wait because there no such thing as left baggage lockers any more. So we waited and waited but were finally rewarded when the queue opened we went straight thru booking the whole lot except our 4 carry ons that we were stuck with for the remainer of the day -our flight not leaving here until 10:30pm.
We decided to go to Venice to do some camera chasing for Paul. Whilst waiting for the second local bus a local Californian who was returning home from a flight befriended us talked about hios time in Aust and gave us the lowdown for Venice Beach - the Zoo he calls it. A second guy, an African American soon boarded the bus and he took over the conversation between the four of us - politics, driving on the wrong side of the road, bonnet/hood boot/trunk, everyone in the bus then took an interest. Finally, we made it to where we had to get off and walk. No luck with the camera the place was no longer there. So we walked about 100kms to Venice Beach in 21 degrees heat with 4 bags in tow. We were a bit tired and had a couple of pizza slices $1.50 each ( we are down to our last $6.00US) and watched some young guys play basketball. We had a second camera place in mind so caught a bus to that one but when we got off at the stop we were too far away so we had to catch another bus and this time - Bingo the driver dropped us right outside the door - and we made the purchase. Incidentally, these bus rides are all 75 cents each- Melb take note. Back at the airport now ready to go thru security again and have a quite bite with our remaining dollars - we only hope, that the LA TSA don't hold us up like their friends did in Anchorage where it took over a hour to go thru the exits processes.
THE END (for now)
PS - we found out that Critter X is a Hoary Marmot, otherwise known as godzilla of the squirrels



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb