L.A. Venice Beach and Hollywood


Advertisement
Published: May 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Venice Beach

We had a very memorable time in L.A. Staying at Venice Beach was a fantastic location. During the day the promenade was packed with a mixture people. Some locals selling souveniers to us tourists, t-shirts, jewllery, arts and crafts the usual stuff. Others looked homeless or very hard up, begging with some comical twist. For example, a man sat all day in his chair, dressed in strange funny clothes and sang " Jingle Bells, jingle bells, help me get drunk, help me get drunk" while clutching a plastic cup for your donation. That was only one example!
Around Venice Beach area, skateboarders attracted the crowds as they performed their tricks and Muscle Beach had men pumping their muscles in the sunshine too.

Along the cycle path, rollerbladers, cyclists and runners flowed quickly, weaving between people getting in the way. We had a fab time on the bikes we hired, the cycle path meandered its way along the beach, quite a marvelous ride. The path guided us to Santa Monica pier, the rides looked great.

Santa Monica Beach

On the beach, there was like an adult playground, or outdoor gym on the
On the bikes.On the bikes.On the bikes.

Fantastic!
sand. Parallel bars, high hoops, ropes to climb and large swings, so cool! Men particularly seemed to like swinging from hoop to hoop like monkeys, showing off their muscles! Beach volleyball courts were everywhere, very popular sport here too. A few surfers were waiting for their perfect waves out at sea. People here really enjoy the outside for exercise and for free. Such a happy atmosphere to be emersed in.

Most of the days the air was fresh, the sun shone, and the sky a brilliant blue - perfect.

April 13th - Happy Birthday to me!

After opening my presents, Phil and I indulged in a gorgeous cooked breakfast which was cooked with an edge of class. Tastey! Ready for a day in Hollywood, we caught the bus right into Hollywood boulevard. Firstly we read the Walk of Fame stars, very amusing. These stars are embedded in the pavements of the street, so so many of them. Within a short time we had jumped on a tour of the Stars homes in the hills. This took a couple of hours and was very amusing to see where these people live, and for millions of dollars too. It felt quite unreal, to be parked up outside some really famous peoples homes: Christina Aguleria, Sean Connery, The Beckhams, Tom Cruise, Halley Berry, Gwen Stafarni, Drew Barrymore and they are only a few! Our tour guide seemed to know it all! I bought a map of where hundreds of famous people live. So very funny!
After our tour, we tried to take a pic and zoom in on the famous Hollywood sign, had fun reading and looking at the hand and footprints and signitures set in concrete outside a cinema for the famous. We then had a quick wander around the shops and then caught the bus to Santa Monica to do some more shopping (well it was my birthday!).

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay in L.A.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Venice Beach.Venice Beach.
Venice Beach.

View looking south from the pier.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb