Day 8 - Universal Studios


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was the trip to Universal Studios.

Much to Shirees relief, the trip there was freeway-free. Just a dash up Santa Monica Blvd again (Sheryl Crow!)...Jaime counted 5 Starbucks. Must make it difficult when telling someone where to meet. Although we've noticed with some stores they number them like CVS 5 and CVS 6. Smart.

Parked in the Curious George parking lot, and got to US just before opening time. The inter web had suggested going to the lower lot first to avoid crowds, but we decided to do Despicable Me first, the head down there. Worked we'll, no wait on any of the first 4 rides.

All these 4D rides are pretty cool, Despicable Me was Gary's favourite. Liam and Jaime liked Revenge of the Mummy most, Shiree liked Jurassic Park because everyone got wet. By 4pm we had smashed out all of the rides, and crowd saw ere building, so we headed out the gate. Mucked around the shops a bit, then decided to visit Bubba Gumps for early dinner. First supposedly gluten free meal in 8 days, but Shiree disagreed. Enough said.

Back to the hotel, spa and a swim.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Apollo 13 crewApollo 13 crew
Apollo 13 crew

They had heard I was in town and made the effort to come and see me, kinda made me feel special.
Water world plane crashWater world plane crash
Water world plane crash

We were lucky to survive this, what are the odds...


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb