Day 7 - Santa Monica


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early, all excited to see some of this great city. Complimentary brekkie in the hotel, then tipped the valet to bring up our Durango from the car park.

We are only a couple of blocks from the Santa Monica Boulevard (still can't say that without thinking of the song) so was easy to drive a couple of blocks, turn left and follow our noses to the beach. Funniest part was Liam recognizing most of the buildings and junctions from playing GTA 5. Computer games have a lot to answer for!

Parked in the Pier parking lot, then checked out the pier and did touristy things for a bit. Think selfies, arcade games and so on. Then walked up to Third Promenade shopping precinct. Girls couldn't dump the boys fast enough...they shopped up a storm for a few hours. Although ironically, Gary spent more making a planned purchase in the Apple store!

Back to the pier for a roller coaster ride (Liam) then headed down to Venice Beach for a look. Lots of people selling CD's (ignore them), offering to cure my woes with medicinal marijuana (ignored them) and a few dodgy old guys working out in
Route 66Route 66Route 66

End of the road!
their budgie smugglers in the open air gym. A little bit seedy down this end of the beach.

For something a bit different, went to a pancake house near our hotel for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The PierThe Pier
The Pier

Santa Monica


Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0967s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb