Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Santa Monica
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in LA on sept 17th at the amtrak station in downtown LA, we asked a bus driver how to get to the stop for the no 10 to Santa Monica, he told us to get on and he would drop us at the stop for the no 10. We thought it would be about 2 stops... half an hour later he told us to get off - didn't want us to pay and there we were at the stop and 10 mins later we were on bus to SM. Found motel easily- only 1 block from beach- nice room with small patio and the motel also had large roof top patio.
We walked up 3rd street which is pedestrianised and has loads of shops and restaurants, and had some sushi and thai food.

18th
Found out some transport info and went to library(internet) next day before hitting beach. Had pizza on patio in evening.

19th
Had breakfast at an English cafe- had baked beans! Caught bus to Hollywood and walked up and down Hollywood Boulevard- very tacky shops. Saw the sign in the distance and looked at footprints outside Chinese Theatre. Went to end of pier to eat at night- really nice on pier- beautiful sunset.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb