End Of Days...


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blackpool Mark IIBlackpool Mark IIBlackpool Mark II

Its was almost like being home!
So we spent our last few days in the US in sunny Santa Monica (well, not quite so much at first!) We made an early decision when we booked our Greyhound tickets to take the red-eye from San Francisco to Santa Monica. I wasn't such a fan, we left at 11pm and arrived in Santa Monica at 7.30 am the next day. I can tell you that it is virtually impossible to sleep on one of those things properly, especially when the arse-hole if front has his seat back against your knees and thinks it is a bouncy castle! Anyways, we got here safe if not sound and then had to catch the public busses from down town LA (it really wasn't the best area to put a Greyhound station!) over to Santa Monica on the coast. After being flung from bus to bus by over oppinionated drivers, we made it there about two hours later.

Santa Monica was meant to be all sunshine and Beach Boys after the grey skies of San Francisco. I was a bit dissapointed, luckily after a day it cleared up and we got really good, sunny weather. It was almost like being home when
Recognise this?Recognise this?Recognise this?

Doubt many do, but those who do know what it is!

Recognise this?
Doubt many do, but those who do know what it is!we got there, there were a couple of English pubs, and English shop and a tea room! That was without taking into account the pier with fairground ontop and the grey skies of the first day.

We managed to get out and into Hollywood on the third day there which was fun and also very tacky. Its definately not how you would imagine it, again, Blackpool comes to mind! We saw the stars in the pavement and tried our hands against the celebrity ones outside Mann's Chinese Theatre and also had a coffee sat outside looking out over the Hollywood sign. We also spent that morning in Torrence just south of Hollywood looking at filming locations for 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. It was very tacky of us, but also alot of fun. We saw what was meant to be her house in the series (much smaller than it looks) and also the high school which was used for other shows too but I forget which ones.

Mixing it up a bit, on the second day we definately got our moneys worth of stuff. I managed to
The new 'doThe new 'doThe new 'do

Hope you all like it back home, was just a little bit off the sides!
get new sunglasses (sorry, thats really boring to tell you) but I
The new 'do
Hope you all like it back home, was just a little bit off the sides!did also (finally) get a hair cut. Its quite a bit shorter than planned and Vicky certainly isnt a fan but at least it is managable not and it was free. The girl was training so had to do them free but that did also mean that it took forever!

Other than that, we went ot the beach and did alot of wierd people watching, definately good fun. Oz next...


Advertisement



14th June 2007

Scare cut?
You'll have to let us see a picture of your new haircut, Aaron! Sounds very interesting! Love Diane XX

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb