DAYS 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 - PRESCOTT, WILLIAMS, KINGMAN, BARSTOW, SANTA MONICA


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 29 - A very lazy day in Prescott, trip to Walmart, yes folks, and it wasn't disappointing. Then off to Watson Lake which we visited in 2016, an amazing lake on the outskirts of Prescott. The rock formations are fascinating as you can see by the pics. A very peaceful area which is popular with hikers and canoeists. A local advised us that it is actually part of the Grand Canyon as the waters from the Colorado River also flow around this area. We had a history lesson on our hotel tonight from the bartender, built in 1927 new owners in the last ten years have spent quite a bit of money on repairs and updating the property. It is immaculate and although the rooms are quite small, it is indicative of the era. We washed the bike this afternoon, as it was looking very ordinary after a few storms last week. We had a visit to Sharlot Hall Museum which was established in 1928, has 15 buildings to visit showing the early years in Prescott and the West.

Day 30 - Another short day in the saddle, leaving Prescott after a late breakfast. We left another couple packets of Vegemite with our wonderful server, Morgan. She had heard of Vegemite and was looking forward to trying it. A cruise up to Williams for lunch, a look around town and check into our motel for the night. Will probably make it uptown for the nightly 'shootout'.

Day 31 - With only another few days on the bike, we made today short again, 130 miles from Williams to Kingman. A late breakfast and fuel then off to Seligman on old Route 66 for some morning tea and a good look around. The last couple visits we've been early in the day and most stores weren't open. All the usual tourist souvenirs available and most of the time very similar if not the same. The temp was starting to rise so we hit the road again, a stop for a drink at Hackberry on old Route 66 and then into Kingman for a late lunch at Mr D'z Diner, another iconic stop on Route 66.

Day 32 - We left Kingman headed for Cool Springs Station, an old iconic Route 66 stop, now mainly a tourist destination for t shirts and souvenirs. Then off to Oatman again for lunch at the Oatman Hotel. Then we had a long hot ride on the Interstate to Peggy Sue's Diner at Yermo, grabbed a great pistachio ice cream and milk shake before a quick dash into Barstow for the night.

Day 33 - Last day on the bikes and only a short ride. Into Victorville for a visit to Death Valley HD, which was a major disappointment. Morning tea at The Great American Diner then off to drop the bikes back in L.A. Fighting the inbound Saturday traffic was a nightmare, then a cab ride to Santa Monica for 3 nights R&R! Home on Thursday, hope you all enjoyed the journey. See you all soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 21; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb