Long Beach - Day Off


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We decided to have a rest day today and just take it easy. Laid in till late and then went off in search of breakfast as it was $18 in the hotel. Found a fast food Mexican restaurant and had a lovely meal. I had chicken tacos served with black beans, Steve had fajitas, Nick and Andy both had barbecue chicken pizzas. We all enjoyed our meals, it is so nice having lots of different types of food to try. Had a little wander around the area and then went back to the hotel to spend the afternoon by the pool. Lovely area overlooking a boating lake. The pool was heated which was great as although it was really sunny it was quite windy and therefore cool. The hot tub was lovely and very relaxing. Andy and Nick went in the fitness room. Left the pool at 6.30pm and went to the cinema which was only over the road from the hotel. Saw ‘The Other Guys’ with Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg, which are the boy’s favourite actors. It was hugely funny and lots of action. The seats were really comfortable and rocked. There was loads of leg room too. Felt hungry when we came out so went to ‘Dave’s Famous Ribs’ and had ... ribs! They were served with a cornmeal bun, sweet corn and two sides. I had the coleslaw which was really tasty. The whole meal was delicious and again disappointing as there was no room for any pudding. Long beach looked absolutely beautiful at night, all the palm trees had lights wrapped around them and lots of signs were lit up, it was all very tasteful.

Advertisement



11th August 2010

just caught up with you!
Just caught up with you! Seems like you are having a 'ball'. Never got this far though! Enjoy the rest of your week.
11th August 2010

Food!
Every time we read your blog details about all the food you are eating, we start to feel ravenously hungry. It sounds like you are having a good time between all the meals but careful you don't pile on too many pounds! love,Christine

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb