Long Beach, happy hours and watching the world go by!


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

NigeNigeNige

Topping up his suntan
Had a real good lay in today - Up at 9:30, by 11 we were on our way to Long Beach for the afternoon. We put the roof down but Liz was chilly so Nige being the poser he is gave her his t-shirt, so he was cruising the interstate bear chested! (Not a good idea when you have a chest infection!!) A lorry driver kept waving at us, so Myself & Liz gestured at him to pull his horn - which he did - so we all gave him a little cheer!

We parked up at Rainbow Harbor and took a walk along the harbor front passing the shops and restaurants. The Queen Mary is docked opposite so a few photo opportunities were taken, we spotted a couple of seals in the water too, then it was into the sports bar for the Fulham game! We ordered a couple of drinks and some food, then headed back to Hollywood for happy hour as money is running out fast!!

We spent the next 4 hours in the Pig & Whistle on Hollywood Blvd enjoying the happy hour(s), discussing our travels and people watching - A really chilled, relaxing evening.
LizLizLiz

The background fire exit is from Pretty Woman at the end when Richard Gere pulls up in the Limo with a rose to whisk Julia Roberts off to a better life!
On the way back we passed a chinese take away so thought - well why not, even just to get it in the boxes it comes in!! Like always, we ordered way too much!

In the room we discovered an iPod docking station (yeah I know we have been here 2 days but who looks for an iPod docking station!) On went the Elvis tunes, out come the chinese and off went the paarrrtttaaaayyyy!!!!! Us 4, 2 bottles of wine, a huuugggeee bottle of vodka and our take out!! Bless our souls!






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Abbott Nutrition BarAbbott Nutrition Bar
Abbott Nutrition Bar

Whilst crossing each Hollywood pathway we kept getting handed these, on closer inspection we noticed they are made by Abbott!!
LizLiz
Liz

With the chinese take out box!


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb