Goodbye San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
December 4th 2014
Published: December 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I'll make the entry brief as there really wasn't a lot to mention. We were up at 6am and out the door by 7. We'd had a lovely restful night's sleep and it was about a ten minute walk to the Amtrak station. Checking in again was simple. We did need our tickets and identification then handed over our bags. The heaviest was about 47 pounds (not sure of the conversion to kg) and the lightest was just over 44...

We grabbed a station coffee (don't do it! Really... Don't do it!!) then boarded the train. The trip was relatively uneventful except for the couple having a melt-down/breakup behind us. Dinner and a Show!!!

We did notice a lot of homeless encampments along the way, and I have a couple of pics - it is really sad to see how obviously they live on the street... Makes you realise just how lucky we actually are!

Arriving into LAX in the dark we were hit instantly by the humidity. It may be winter, but it's really hot still! It was easy enough to find and grab our bags then we presented the butts to the woman policing the baggage claim area. We grabbed a taxi and made our way into KoreaTown and the Rotex Hotel. (Nice hotel, good prices!!) and settled into our room to sleep.

Like I said, not really much to say today... Tomorrow (or tonight) there will be more and pics...

Ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb