North of the Equator


Advertisement
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

5.38 AM looking into a computer screen, that is what you get when you adjust to the local time, odd hours for odd doings. I've slept at least, now I am ready to explore, today Hollywood.
The hostel is conveniently located just off Hollywood boulevard. I have already walked along a section of the starry path, did'nt recognise one name. A film buff I aint!

If I could go back for a moment in time, flew out of Sydney to Fiji, was night when we arrived, stayed in the Departures lounge ~2hours, tasted one of the local brews, not bad, got talking to some other travellers and then the plane trip to LA left Fiji behind.
Had a few sleeps on there, but you always feel like the sleep on a plane has been to your detriment, there is no recovery or recuperation it simply lessens the boredom!
On arrival in LA began the entry task through customs, not bad only took ~1 I think, then caught a shuttle to Hollywood. An aerial view of LA revealed it to be a very spread out city and very organised in appearance initially. On the ground it was around 3.30pm as the shuttle made it's way through the suburbs, the traffic not as bad as I expected, though a couple of Chicago residents thought it heavy.
At one point during the journey I happened to look down at a car driving besides, immediately horrified that the driver was using a laptop whilst driving. Then the almost instant realisation of the car and traffic set-up here being different to our own brought things into perspective.
So briefly since at the hostel have met and said goodbye to a few aussies, shared pizza and beers with some, started watching an open mic night at our hostel, (all local acts) then decided I want to get adjusted time-wise ASAP so was in bed by think 9.30pm local. Woke up couple times but on this occasion with no sun still visible got my computer and began this.

Now the day begins.
Adios.
Grant

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb