Day 84: Hollywood or bust


Advertisement
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today it was off for our trip to Hollywood so it was onto the public bus again heading to downtown LA, after a 1.5 hour trip we arrived and started looking for a way out to Hollywood. We started for the subway but on the way found a hop on off bus and jumped on that. We got to Hollywood around 11.00 to be met with the crazy Hollywood locals, guys dressed as Superman, Jack Sparrow and even Darth Vader all looking for money for photos. Mooching around Hollywood Boulevard and the historic Chinese and Kodak theaters was like being the movies. Deciding to jump back on to the bus we headed off towards Beverly Hills along the Sunset strip we finally got to Rodeo Drive and the “posh” part of town, to me it just looked like Remuera at home. Taking lunch at a cool little café adjacent to Rodeo Dr called the Panini Café, great food at a reasonable price, for Beverly Hills. Continuing the bus trip we headed back towards Hollywood via the La Brea tar pits and Paramount Studios. Deciding at the last minute to catch a bus up for a quick look at Universal Studios it was out into 5pm traffic in LA, real scary but I was not driving so not so bad. It was just a trip up to the studios and only time for a few quick pics before heading back down again. Catching the last bus back to LA central we arrived there at 6.30 only to find that our bus stop was not where we thought it was, after a few minuets of minor panic Pam figured where it might be so it was off down the streets of LA to find the stop. Just a couple of blocks down we found the right stop and after half hour wait we were again headed back to Disneyland. Arriving back around 9.30 we found Ihop, a great little restaurant chain that served good food at reasonable prices then it was back to the hotel for an early night as we were flying home the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb